Pump or system power consumption?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by glchaparral, Jul 6, 2011.

1. glchaparral

glchaparral New Member

I have an 11 yr old 600 ft submersible well/pump system. It has a grundfos cu301 controller and well head says "Monitor", but that's all I know about it. Seems to have worked flawlessly for the last 8 yrs. I recently noticed that my electric bills have been 30% higher than last year, and traced the consumption to the pump breaker. Close it, and the meter wheel spins fast, even when using no water. Open it, and the house power consumption goes to almost zero. Could something have "short circuited" on the water flow side, making the pump work full time?

Verification or any other ideas would be appreciated,

Gordon
  2. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

Welcome to Terry's Forums glchaparral,

You may want to check to make sure that the pressure that you have set on your controller is not higher that the pump can deliver.

You could have a defective pressure sensor, Or bad Pump.

What is your controller pressure setting at, and what is the pressure that you are getting on the output of the tank ?

DonL
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011