Pump losing pressure fast.

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by hillbillygangster, Mar 18, 2011.

1. hillbillygangster

hillbillygangster New Member

hello,
    This just started doing this, when the water is turned on anywhere in my home, the we have good water flow and pressure. within seconds the pressure on the pump drops , the pump turns on, builds up the pressure about as fast as it dropped it, the pump shuts off, the pressure drops, kicks on, builds up shuts off. Now... i know this is how the pump is supposed to work. lol this cycle repeats itself about every 2 to 4 seconds. Not sure where to start with this one, any info would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you.
    Carl
  2. Texas Wellman

Texas Wellman In the Trades

Your tank is waterlogged. You need to drain the tank of all the water and add air to either 28 or 38 psi depending on your shutoff pressure or else your next post will be about how your pump burned up.
  3. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Ja agreed, waterlogged tank. It would be good to know what kind of tank it is and whether the pump is equipped with a system to add air to the tank. My first guess is a leaky or ruptured bladder and adding air may just be stop-gap.