Pump does not turn off

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by walkingscar, Jul 2, 2011.

1. walkingscar

walkingscar New Member

Gentlemen:

It the well site are the various parts and pieces. Fuse box, relay box, tank, valves etc. Pump stopped working. Discovered underground wires from fuse box to relay box had opened. Replaced both wires leaving them above ground. Start capacitor in relay box had worked loose from pc board, one leg was not soldered properly. Resoldered capacitor in pc board and pump started working. Discovered later the pump was running constantly would not shut off. 96psi in tank. Releasing water from tank does lower pressure but shutting it off builds the pressure back to 96psi. Relay in on all the time. Just guessing either the pressure switch or the relay is bad. The relay is encapsulated to keep fire ants out and looks pretty good. Tried adjusting the pressure switch to no avail. Pressure switch looks a little questionable. Well innards have been replaced two years ago. Any help would be appreciated and I would like to thank you in advance.

Cheers,
    Walkingscar
  2. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

Welcome to Terry's Forums walkingscar,

Sounds like your Electrical contacts on the pressure switch/Relay are welded together.

You can try to clean them with a match striker, or very fine sandpaper. Or the line to the pressure switch may be plugged up.

Have a great day.

DonL