Pulling a pump out of a "outdoor well"

Users who are viewing this thread

Blueberry

Reaction score
Hi there:

Thanks for this forum.

I have a presumed dead submersible pump but I am not clear on how to get to it.

I am used to replace well pumps in well houses or pits, where the discharge line comes out of the well seal right on top. Loossen the seal, pull the black pipe and start walking. I now have a well where the discharge line is way down there below the frost line.

What's the best way to get to it? Do I dig down the outside of the well pipe, to loosen the discharge line? How do I pull up the well once loose as it appears to be out of reach.

Thanks for the assistance,

Blueberry

Reaction score
Thanks for that very important clue. I looked it up, it is the new hygenic way of doing things but there sure is a lot resting on that small bracket. I'll try to figure what model I have. Progress sucks.

Thanks you probably saved me from dropping the whole shabang down the pipe :)

Speedbump

Reaction score
Pitless Adapters have been around since the sixties. Usually a piece of one inch pipe is needed (galvanized preferrably) either male of female to screw into the tee in the pipe. They all have different unlock devices or procedures, that's where it gets tricky.

bob...

Blueberry

Reaction score
Pitless Adapters have been around since the sixties.

So I am a little behind the times, all the wells I have dealt with until this one were probably put in the 1950s, may be earlier...

Thanks for the threaded pipe tip, that confirms it. Now all I have to do is find the brand. Luckily there is no rush on this job as it part of a two well system.

Thanks all,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks