PROS and CONS?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Criddle, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Criddle

Criddle New Member

What are the pros and cons of having a pump that can pump more than you need?

I have a pump now that is cycling not more than every 30 sec. when the sprinkler is on and it seems way to often. I was considering a 13GS20 gould pump.

I also seem to have very low pressure. I can only run one sprinkler at a time.
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

About a minute or so between cycles would be better. Need more information though to be able to give you an answer. Such as, what do you have for a tank. What is the pressure switch set at, and anything else you might have on the well itself. Just remember that sprinklers are typically pretty high demand.