ProFlo 32 gallon well pressure tank won't take an air charge

Users who are viewing this thread

ukiltmybrutha

Reaction score
I am troubleshooting a bigger issue but that thread is being moderated. I hope that this thread will slip through as nothing is wrong with it.

I am trying to charge up the subject pressure tank with my Milwaukee M18 tire pump and cannot get it to 2 psi below the pressure switch low pressure number of 40 which would be 38 PSI.

I don't know how the inside of this pressure tank works want to know if this definitively means that my pressure tank is bad.

Thanks.

No water...no fun!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Pressure tanks are made to fail, it is just a matter of when. Sounds like the diaphragm is broken and letting out the air charge. Tank diaphragms break from going up and down over and over as the pump cycles on and off. You can just replace the tank, or you can use a Cycle Stop Valve to solve the cycling problem.

ukiltmybrutha

Reaction score
Pressure tanks are made to fail, it is just a matter of when. Sounds like the diaphragm is broken and letting out the air charge. Tank diaphragms break from going up and down over and over as the pump cycles on and off. You can just replace the tank, or you can use a Cycle Stop Valve to solve the cycling problem.

Can I install a CSV with the leaking tank? Thanks. Also, do I have to buy the same brand of pressure tank to avoid having to rework the plumbing?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks