Problems with deep well pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Mad Plumber, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

I am sending you this email because I am having problems with my deep well water pump. The problem is that when I turn the power on, the pump makes a noise like it want to kick in and the fuse box inside the house makes the same noise when I turn the pump on. Does that mean the pump is burnt up or is there something inside the water pump that I can fix myself instead of buying a new water pump. I was getting water at first and had good pressure but now the motor just makes that noise. Can you help me!!!

Kenneth
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Not really a lot of information to go on. But it sounds like you have a jet pump (above ground). Probably the starting capacitor on the side of the motor, or the start switch inside the end of the motor is not working.