Problems with deep well pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Mad Plumber, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

Aug 13, 2005
    I am sending you this email because I am having problems with my deep well water pump. The problem is that when I turn the power on, the pump makes a noise like it want to kick in and the fuse box inside the house makes the same noise when I turn the pump on. Does that mean the pump is burnt up or is there something inside the water pump that I can fix myself instead of buying a new water pump. I was getting water at first and had good pressure but now the motor just makes that noise. Can you help me!!!

2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Pump Controls Technician
    Lubbock, Texas
    Not really a lot of information to go on. But it sounds like you have a jet pump (above ground). Probably the starting capacitor on the side of the motor, or the start switch inside the end of the motor is not working.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement