Price pfister shower valves

Users who are viewing this thread

drako1830

Reaction score
This is just fyi I had to do this after what I am experiencing today...

In the past I had an owner complain of high water bill (they lived out side of country) I checked house sure enough tube was leaking. I replaced 974-291 or its known as s74291, 3 times as I have no shower pressure an it wouldnt shut off completely. After many hours (more than I ever spent on a stuped valve issue) I figured out this valve an how it works as I cut old one in half. Found it uses equal pressure from hot an cold to maintain a on or off position due to its set up with two cylinders each with hole through them with a spring. Depending on the position of the handle will dictate the flow of hot or cold. Well owner turned the hot valve off at the tank. Like a merical I turn the hot valve on an then the main it worked.... yes that was 2 years ago an it still works A+ but worst design I have seen in last 10 years.

Which brings me to today... I am working on buddies hot water heater it's old an their bill has gotten to high for an 800 sqf place so he just wants it replaced... So like any condo it's a pain to get them turn off the main an why when the cold inlet valve works right! (Wrong thanks pf) so I disconnect the out going hot line to revive an heavy flow of consent water. I conceded a hose to it figured we see how long this lasts Humm 1 hour later I see why they have had over $300 electric bills. s74291 valve is faulty an is less than 6 months old or we are having same issue as I stated from last experience. The catch is this shower doesn't have tub spout. I told them I am not touching that aka so called easy to fix valve.

I will never get a PF as long as I see these issues, guess you get what you pay for.
I love hansgrohe, quality an so easy to fix... ah I'm done venting.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
The posting is confusing, can you try posting your story again?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks