Price Pfister bathtub faucet repair question

Users who are viewing this thread

kalee

Reaction score
When I moved into this house, the cold water faucet was not working properly. I was told by a plumber and by a plumbing supply company that the faucet was a price pfister. I purchased new stems and handles to fix the problem. My question is this...the person at the plumbing supply company said that the original, broken stems looked like they had gauging at the end. She said to check that there were no seats left in the original faucet. She said that only the diverter should have a seat. Every other thing I have read about faucets said that there should be a seat in the hot/cold faucets. Now there was NOT a seat in either hot or cold faucet when I checked. Was the lack of a seat the cause of the gauging? Should I install new seats or was the plumbing supply person correct in saying that the hot/cold should not have a seat? Thanks for your help!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Unless your stems are the ceramic disc type, I believe every 2 or 3 handle PP faucet would have seats ( I have not seen a hydroseal on a shower). If your stem has a conventional flat rubber washer held in place by a screw right through the middle, it definitely needs seats.

kalee

Reaction score
Thanks! I put the seats in with the new stems/handles. Seems to be working fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks