pressure tank question

Users who are viewing this thread

kpoppaken

Reaction score
i have a goulds aqua air v-140 pressure tank that was installed in 1986.
the outside of the metal tank has some bubbling at the seam between the top and bottom and i can push in the metal slightly with my finger as it is wearing thin. a little moisture will be left on my finger. this is only on one side that is nearest and outside sub grade sealed basement wall.

should i be concerned of something rupturing or something? i was unsure as i read that the this model has an 'inner shell' as well as a diaphram. does this mean that the water is contained in an inner hard shell and the bladder is within this? the pump has been worry free since new and has worked perfectly.

i want ot be sure as it is located in my finished workshop and i do not need a leak.

thanks, Ken

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks