Pressure Gauge Going Back and Forth

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Doozy8, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Doozy8

Doozy8 New Member

I woke up this morning to less pressure than we normally have. I went downstairs to check the pump and the pressure gauge was at about 30psi, but my irrigation system is running, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I shut the breaker for the well pump and when I turned it back on, the pressure gauge would tick-tock between 40psi and about 60-70psi and go back to 40, then to 60-70 without the well pump turning on at all.

Is this normal or something I need to be concerned about and need to fix before a major problem occurs (like I had on Memorial Day....http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?42014-Non-stop-water-coming-from-release-valve!!!!!&highlight= Everything has been fine since.

Please let me know if this is of concern or normal function.

Thanks!!!