Pot filler install with 1/2 IPS also referred to as NPSM

Users who are viewing this thread

Rick-l

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to do this?
Going from sweat copper to IPS thread where do you get a drop ear elbow with 1/2 inch IPS threads?
Where do you get a 1/2" IPS nipple?
Is there an adapter available where I could put a NPT drop ell in? (I've searched but I may have been calling it the wrong thing)

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some pot fillers are VERY specific on the depth of the drop ear 90. You want to very carefully read the instructions on its installation or better yet, if you have the product, mock it up and determine how much threads you need to have sticking out of the wall and if there is any play in the trim.

Drop Ear 90 from Box Store

drop-ear.jpg

Rick-l

Reaction score
All drop ear solder adapters are IPS. Unless you bought a pot filler in another country, you should be fine.
The ones I have, purchased at the big box stores really look tapered and there is no provision for a gasket or o-ring

Rick-l

Reaction score
Some pot fillers are VERY specific on the depth of the drop ear 90. You want to very carefully read the instructions on its installation or better yet, if you have the product, mock it up and determine how much threads you need to have sticking out of the wall and if there is any play in the trim.

Drop Ear 90 from Box Store
That drop ear 90 is exactly what I bought and it is NPT (tapered)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
OK.. I think we both assumed you were looking for tapered threads.

You're not going to find anything not tapered off the shelf anywhere.

What brand / model of pot filler did you purchase? Do you have it in hand already?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is one I found

• NPT 1/2" conical connection thread (without brass fittings), can prevent water leakage without using water tape; NPSM 1/2" connection thread, need to use water tape; Fit for US Standard, with a installation flange for stability .
cwm-pot-filler.jpg

cwm-pot-filler-on-stove.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks