Please recommend a manifold brand

Users who are viewing this thread

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
The manifolds in my system no longer have support. The manufacturer no longer has parts available. I am considering replacing the manifolds because I have no choice. For a projected lifetime of a manifold, I would have thought a manufacturer would have been more supportive of their own product. Also if there are other control valve step used by multiple vendors. I suspect not.

There are a whole lot of manifold manufacturers out there. I could use some information to help me pick.

There are stainless steel and brass. Which is the best choice?

Which manufacturers are the most reliable. And will maintain repair parts forever.

I will appreciate any information.

I have been working my way through various manifolds. One thing I would like to know. Is there such a thing as a "universal" motor. I am seeing things that seem proprietary. If the motors fit multiple manifolds, it would let me use my existing devices and broaden the chance of getting parts if something fails.

Last edited:

Glennhvac

Reaction score
I don't get on this forum often for HVAC. Usually when I have a plumbing question so I may not even see your reply but if nothing else maybe it will help clear up your question for others. First thing I thought was you were asking about refrigerant gages till you threw in motors. Are you talking about piping manifolds for hot water heat? Universal motors? If I am right and you are asking about hot water manifolds and PUMPS about the best you can hope for in universal is the distance between the flanges and bolt spacing. An example would be many pumps can take the same spot as a B&G series 100 dimensionally.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Should I be posting this question in another forum? If so, can someone please move it?

I am indeed talking about manifolds for a radiant heat system. Not pumps here; just manifolds.

The base problem seems to be every manufacturer using proprietary internal parts. The part failing is a plunger with a rubber seal at the end that opens to feed water to a loop. They are wearing out. None that I can find for replacement. Hence; replace the manifolds.

The second component of concern is the thermally operated device (motor?) that moves that plunger. For those, I would like to find out if they have some sort of standard attachment socket. The ones I have just snap on to an adjustable ring, which in turn screws into the top of the aforementioned plunger in the manifold. If there is a standard for their attachment it will save a fair amount of money if I can reuse them in a new manifold. They can cost more than the manifold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks