Placement of shallow pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe Dirt

Reaction score
I have a 6" well casing, 18' deep in the middle of my back yard (no pump, no pipes, no nothing, just a casing with a plastic irrigation cover). With the price of city water, I have decided to install a pump and pressure tank for sprinkler and irrigation use. For aesthetics and safety, can I place a shallow jet pump 50' from the well at the side of my house and have nearly the same production as if the pump was directly over the well?

Additional information:
No pump yet. Any suggestions?
Used wx203 pressure tank.
Current sprinkler system has 4 watering zones, with no more than 5 Rain Bird1800 spray heads attached, using 3/4" pvc pipe.
Water level is 6' down. When pumped for over 4 hours with garden hose and 1/2 horse irrigation pump, water level only dropped 2 feet. Returned to original height within 30 mins.
Would a CSV be advisable?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks