Pitless adapter

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Kodiakan, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Kodiakan

Kodiakan New Member

I have a 150 ft well with a submersible pump. My pitless adapter is allowing surface water to trickle in. I am going to replace it as it is several decades old. I was wondering if there is an obvious "best" adapter available or if several companies make (sell) them. Thanks for your help.
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Without more information we cannot know what is "best" for your situation.
  3. craigpump

craigpump Member

What type of pitless do you have now? There are several different types and configurations. How about a picture?
  4. bcpumpguy

bcpumpguy New Member

I'd be suprised if you pitless actually leaks surface water, maybe a leak in the o'ring so maybe leaking well water back down the well. If it leaks it basically means that whoever put it in did a really shotty job. You'll probably have to weld on a patch where it currently is. As far as pitless adpaters go, i really dont have a preference, usually get the cheapest.