PH of softened water

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by cvap, Jul 21, 2014.

1. cvap

cvap New Member

Now that I got my filter system working clear, I filled my pool and thought I'd check the PH of the water I was adding. Well, its way over 8.0. since the softener is removing Fe , I can't bypass it. I can treat the pool ok with acid, but shouldn't the high PH be causing scale on the fixtures? Or is that a normal occurrence for softened water.
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Instead of starting a new thread for each of your questions, which make it very difficult for those of us that answer questions here, you should have asked new questions in your one'n only thread....

So what is your raw water pH and what type of filter do you have?
  3. cvap

cvap New Member

Sorry, I didn't even look for the old thread. I will from now on.

Ph of raw is 7.41. A hygrocharger? A 2 cu ft 3m backwash filter with sand and calcite, then a 1 cu ft NFS type 3m iron removing softener, then a 5 micron cartridge filter.
    I wanted to know if the higher ph was bad for the plumbing since the pool people say it is bad for scale build up in tankless heaters.