Pewwww

Users who are viewing this thread

TheSisko

Reaction score
1st post, plz bear w/me.

We have a septic/treatment system. I noticed the aerator for the tank had become unplugged, so I plugged it back in. As soon as the heat pump kicked in, the house was filled w/the scent of rotten eggs (ie, septic gas)

We called our plumber and he said it should dissipate and if not he'd be over Monday (it was Sat)
It dissipated somewhat, but was still obvious. So he came over and:

1) snaked the line to the main toilet and bathroom-no problems
2) cut on the water at all little used traps (slightly better)
3) got the a septic tank truck out to pump tank (It had been a few years since it was last done)
4) Septic man noticed a small trickle coming into the pipe prior to entering the septic tank-nothing was running-no toilet, shower, dishwasher, etc
5) Left orders to keep the screw off cap to the pipe and "let it air"

All these things HAS helped but its still there both in the house and in the back yard near the tank.

There's no wet ground around and the water that getting out to the drain field is clear (chlorine tab after septic tank).

Called plumber back up and he's coming out this Monday. I requested the following:
1) snake from other toilet toward septic line
2) check all traps
3) climb on house and check vent pipes

Any other suggestions, my plumber and I would appreciate.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
odor

As far as I can see, nothing you had done has anything to do with an odor in the house, other than possibly "resealing" some dry traps, and we would have to do some analysis to see why starting the aeration system could have anything to do with the odor, since that is contained within the tank, and your house would have been isolated from that by all the traps at the fixtures.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks