Perfect Grind Garbage disposal problem

Users who are viewing this thread

jason608

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old "Perfect Grind" garbage disposal. When I turn on the wall switch it does not start, but if I push the blades it will start, slow down, start, slow down then stop again. Or, it will start right up, grind for a few seconds then stop. Here are two pictures and a video of the issue. There is no hex screw on the bottom instead the instructions state to manualy move the blades from the top back and forth to remove any jammed objects, which I have done several times.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1j7rao3ltu70jn4/AABcT9qUx4mGzM5cMtYuAbsua?dl=0

Reach4

Reaction score
I think the disposal is bad. Replace it. If under warranty, contact the seller. If out of warranty, get an Insinkerator Evolution.

I am not a pro.

jason608

Reaction score
I think the disposal is bad. Replace it. If under warranty, contact the seller. If out of warranty, get an Insinkerator Evolution.

I am not a pro.

Thanks! I sent the video to Mountain Plumbing, the manufacture and they are sending me a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm glad that the mfg is going to stand behind its product.
That being said, no matter what your circumstance is, I would never put a GD smaller that 3/4 HP.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks