Pentair Freshpoint water filter

Users who are viewing this thread

jetdad

Reaction score
I had a new well drilled 2 months ago and can't get the water to clear. I have run it open flow (20GPM) for two weeks and at the suggestion of a well service professional ran it with a choke at 10GPM for two hours and then rest for 30 min., for two weeks. It is very cloudy (can't see through it in a wine glass) after it is pumped for five minutes and then begins to clear after about 10 min. The well is 260' deep with the pump set at 220'. Static level is 180'. the driller thinks it is veins of shale running through the sand. He is going to drill me another well close to a neighbor's well that has great water at 285'. I tried a 1 micron whole house filter to see if it would have any effect. It did not. If I encounter the same problem with the new well, I think I'm stuck. Has anyone had recent experience with the Pentair Freshpoint filter? It's expensive and would not be much fun gagging down the cost if it did not clear the turbidity. Is there a way to test to see what I would have to filter down to to get results without purchasing the unit? I would appreciate any feedback.

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
What part of Texas is this? If it is a well set in sand, it should not have any shale in the sand.
The shale and sand should not in the same layer.

jetdad

Reaction score
I'm in Grayson county which is north Texas. It is in sand. They hit sand after going through shale at 242'. We are pumping from a zone 16' thick. I watched them complete the gravel pack but did not see the bentonite go in. Thanks for the reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks