Parts needed for Duravit Wall Hung Toilet install?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by kuhndog, Mar 26, 2010.

1. kuhndog

kuhndog New Member

Apologies in advance if these questions have already been answered in previous threads

What extra parts will I need to install the Geberit carrier in 2x6 framed wall and attach a Duravit bowl to the carrier? That is, what is not included with the carrier besides the actuator plate?

Any wisdom on the usefulness of the sound insulating gasket?

Will be using the Happy D bowl on a sheetrock wall. Other side of wall is exposed to central stairway of home, so noise suppression is a consideration.

Have read elsewhere that must depress actuator button for duration of flush. Is that defect of a particular actuator plate or the way system is designed to work?

Thanks for your help
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Nothing else is needed.

I have not sold many gaskets, i do not think it is needed. It's only a thin piece of styrofoam between the wall and bowl.

The tank is insulated and very quiet, you would most likely hear a regular toilet through the wall than a in-wall carrier toilet.

You do not need to hold the actuator to flush, you only push it once.