Overflowing Washer Drain - Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Intrepid

Reaction score
"then the problem is a partial stoppage somewhere past the furthest point that the PVC goes. It may be right at the transition point."

I didn't snake the pvc. I cleaned the pvc last weekend. I dropped the pvc line and snaked the galvanized/cast iron line. I dropped food coloring in the toilet bowls to make sure there were no clogs beyond where I snaked and watched the colored water run out the main line.

arghhh!! Should I move or call a plumber?!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The fact water can flow down the line does not indicated that it is totally clear. A washing machine pumps a lot of water fast into the line. Something like a toilet dumps some, but not pumped, or as much, so it may not show up as a partial clog. Your test would only tell you if the line was totally blocked, not if it is partially blocked.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks