Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Having worked in a bicycle shop for eight years when I was younger, the idea of bike tripping was always a fun idea. One Fall, I took two of my kids on a ride down the Oregon Coast along Highway 101 much of the way. We also left the main highway at times to get closer to the Ocean.

oregon-bike-ride-terrylove-01.jpg

In 1984 and earlier that wasn't much in the way of carts made for 10-speeds. For the four of us I needed to bring a tent, cooking gear and clothes for the week. Dropped off near Astoria, our final night was going to be in Waldport. My son Jamie was in second grade and my daughter Amy was in fifth grade. I had a 10-speed for 24" wheels for Jamie.

oregon-bike-ride-terrylove-03.jpg

Jamie in the red and blue, Amy in the green and purple.

oregon-bike-ride-terrylove-04.jpg

Their mother Sandy on her Raleigh International.

oregon-bike-ride-terrylove-05.jpg

At least the kids had helmets. Most nights we would stay at campgrounds, a special spot for bikers and hikers. We met people from around the world doing their adventures too.

oregon-bike-ride-terrylove-06.jpg

The bridge in Newport that we came over.

oregon-bike-ride-terrylove-07.jpg

Taking a break alongside the roadway.

oregon-bike-ride-terrylove-10.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks