Optimal settings for Fleck 7000 80k capacity

Users who are viewing this thread

klturi421

Reaction score
I purchased a home not too long ago and I am in the process of learning the in's and out's of it. As a result, I am attempting to learn more about the water softener and it's optimal settings. I currently have a Fleck 7000 valve with an Enpress LLC model 1354 tank (80,000 grain). Essentially, I want to ensure the optimal settings are in place.

Current settings are:
DF = GAL
VT = dF2b
CT = Fd
C = 80 x 1000
H = 20
RS = SF
SF = 20
DO = 14
RT = 3:00 AM
B1 = 8
BD = 60
B2 = 6
RR = 6
BF = 32
FM = t1.2

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Adjust as shown.

DF = GAL
VT = dF2b
CT = Fd
C = 60 x 1000
H = 20
RS = SF (see if cr is an option, not rc, if it is set it to cr)
SF = 20 (if cr is available, this will go away)
DO = 28
B1 = 8
BD = 60
B2 = 3
RR = 6
BF = 27 assuming a .25 BLFC button.
FM = t1.2

klturi421

Reaction score
Thank you dittohead, I have adjusted my settings to match.

As I am still learning, I am curious, is there supposed to be water in the brine tank between regeneration cycles?

I know that BD is for Brine Draw and have seen that the brine solution is pulled from the brine tank and then is again refilled during BF (Brine Fill). Before I made the adjustments, the brine tank did not have water and just had the salt. So seeing water in the tank now is throwing me off.

Bannerman

Reaction score
is there supposed to be water in the brine tank between regeneration cycles?
With BF as the final stage of regeneration, the water added will prepare brine for the following regeneration cycle. Because you just installed a new softener, the appropriate quantity of water was to be manually added to the brine tank for the 1st regeneration cycle.

In following Ditttohead's recommended settings, the amount of water added during BF will be BF: 27 minutes X BLFC: 0.25 GPM = 6.75 gallons. As each gallon will dissolve 3 lbs salt, then 20.25 lbs salt will be dissolved to create the appropriate quantity of brine to regenerate C: 60,000 grains capacity.

The BLFC (brine line flow control) is a flow restrictor (aka 'button') that controls the flow rate of water entering the brine tank. The BLFC that is installed will be typically indicated on a label located nearby to the brine line connection. There are 4 BLFC flow rates possible so you should verify the installed restrictor is actually 0.25 GPM.

klturi421

Reaction score
Thank you for that quick response!

looking at the back of the valve it shows
DFLC - 3.5
BLFC - .5 gpm
Injector 2

If I am doing the math right .5 BLFC gpm X 6 gallons = 12 minutes. Does that sound right?

Updated settings:
DF = GAL
VT = dF2b
CT = Fd
C = 60 x 1000
H = 20
RS = cr
DO = 28
B1 = 8
BD = 60
B2 = 3
RR = 6
BF = 12 (.5 gpm BLFC x 12 minutes = 6 gallons)
FM = t1.2

last question and I think I should be good, I’m curious if my system is capable of handling 80,000 grains, why would it be at 60,000 grains? I’m missing a dot to connect.

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
20 lbs salt is needed to regenerate 60K grains.

20 lbs salt / 3 = 6.667 gallons / 0.5 BLFC = 13.33 minutes BF

If your controller allows BF: 13.5 minutes, set that otherwise BF: 14 minutes

Bannerman

Reaction score
capable of handling 80,000 grains,
80K is the total capacity for the 2.5 ft3 of resin within your softener.

With your current 0.5 GPM BLFC X 14 minutes will dissolve 21 lbs salt.

60,000 gr / 21 lbs = 2,857 gr/lb hardness removal efficiency

80,000 gr / 50 lbs salt = 1,600 gr/lb hardness removal efficiency

In addition to an 80K Capacity setting being substantially less efficient, it is also not realistic as some amount of capacity will be lost over time as some of the resin granules become worn and are flushed to drain.

If your BLFC was actually 0.25, then the 27 minute BF would result in 20.25 lbs being dissolved.
60,000 / 20.25 = 2,993 gr/lb efficiency

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
As I am still learning, I am curious, is there supposed to be water in the brine tank between regeneration cycles?
Yes. That is usual and is a consequence of VT=dF2b.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks