Opening Universal Rundle seat screw cover caps

Users who are viewing this thread

Snippy

Reaction score
While plunging the toilet in my daughters’ bathroom, I noticed the lid was loose. It’s a Universal Rundle toilet. When I went to pop open the screw cap covers to tighten the screws I saw they were designed to swivel back and forth. If you turned them one way that had a locked icon and if turned them the other way they had an unlocked icon. There wasn’t any way I could figure out to pop them open. Anyone know how to open them so I can get to the screws? Also, what’s the purpose of them swiveling back and forth? Thanks

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
The toilet seat has nothing to do with UR. There are toilet seats where the lock unlock to to allow the seat to be lifted off for cleaning with out having to remove the bolts. It could be a Bemis seat.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks