One more Question - Flexible connector for sewage pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by eddle6389, Feb 20, 2005.

  1. eddle6389

    eddle6389 New Member

    Feb 19, 2005
    I noticed at home depot they sell flexible rubber 90's with pipe clamp bands at each end. Do you think this would be sufficient for the connection between my discharge line from my pump and the main drain line?

    I can get a regular street 90 to fit, but it is at a wierd angle and I can't get the pipe to seat all the way into the fitting.

  2. Scotty

    Scotty New Member

    Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago Area
    Using rubber for discharge

    The only problem I have with rubber is when it degrades over time, you need a new one. If there's any kind of stress on it, it'll decrease the service time. As you aren't enclosing it into a wall and leaving it exposed for inspection from time to time, go for it. But as somebody that likes paragons of work that can last almost forever, why not put an extension on the run and maybe use use a couple 45's? Rememember Murphy"s law: If it can go wrong.... ? Keep it simple and later down the road it won't rot away at a very inconvenient moment when there's something else to handle or spend money on.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: more Question
Forum Title Date
Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog Clarifying Questions on Clarifying Water and more Jun 20, 2016
Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog one more well question Aug 6, 2009
Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog More pressure tank questions Aug 3, 2007
Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog more questions re: pressure tank Jul 16, 2006
Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog GPM? more or less? Oct 28, 2015

Share This Page