On-off water key

Users who are viewing this thread

Ronn

Reaction score
Ok, ok..so Iam not so good at plumbing...thats the problem here. Anyway, down the basement I have 2 problems in one, I think. I have a turn key kinda thing like outside faucets to turn the water on and off to the faucet to the tubs. The hot water constantly drips in the sink if I dont turn it off at the wall. But the problem is that I have to always turn the water off at the wall when Iam done, for it not to drip anymore. And at that point this starts to drip too until I turn it all the way tight. Iam sure both the faucet to the tub and the turn key is original to this 35 yr old house and Iam afraid if I attempt to replace the washer both the faucet and turn key, that something will snap and break and for sure I would have a major problem not knowing what to do at that point. I guess my question is, what should I do, attempt this or do you think it wont snap and break?? Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
repair

You don't know how to fix it, so call a plumber. It may or may not break, but the leaks are never going to get any better, and the longer it leaks the more likely it is to damage the faucets so you will have to replace them.