Old floor furnaces with grates

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I came across your forum when looking for information on old floor furnaces with grates. We are about to demolish an old house with one of those furnances which looks to be in good shape. We've heard people put them in cabins, and wonder what (if any) value they might have and how much they could be sold for. Any ideas? We don't want to destroy it if it's usable. Thanks!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's probably worth what you can get for it. Depends on type of fuel, condition, effeciency, size, and demand in your area. I doubt if it would bring much, but won't hurt to try.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In most places, new installations of floor grate furnaces are not allowed. IF I was in the market, I would be skeptical of a used unit because if the heat exchanger is cracked, it's done for.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks