old bathroom remodel challenge

Users who are viewing this thread

michaedt

Reaction score
I want to run copper pipes into my old bathroom from the basement just below. I notice that the bathroom floor is poured cement (at least 6 inches thick) with tile on top. All the pipes and electricity run right through the floor and into the walls. It seems like the only way to get at the pipes that feed the sink and toilet is to either tear out the old (very heavy and beautiful) tile floor or to cut holes in my bedroom wall (which is old plaster with a unique texture). Is there any way to get up to the fixtures without demolishing my bathroom?

Finnegan

Reaction score
Usually the concrete slab is less than 6". Are you moving fixtures? Are you taking down the existing walls and just keeping the floor? Can you just remove the old pipes and use the same rough in holes?

michaedt

Reaction score
removing pipes

I'm just replacing the old steel pipes, and I would like to keep the floor and walls (the walls have an old tile that would be difficult to match if I tear out individual sections). There seems to be no way to get the pipes out without damaging the floor or walls. Its difficult to explain without seeing, so perhaps I shouldn't take any more forum time. Thanks for the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks