off topic questions

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by ally68, Jun 10, 2005.

1. ally68

ally68 New Member

we had bad storm last night. I was in the basement and heard a loud pop thought lightning had goten something. The power did not go out and no breakers blown. So not sure what is was sounded like it came from water heater or heat pump. I thought maybe the heatpump had like an emergency cut off or something that may have tripped but it came back on in about 20 minutes and is working fine water seems ok so far. Any thoughts?

Thanks
  2. Check to see if the water heater is operating properly, meaning both elements are good or not.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pop

Often a storm like that will damage the water heater thermostats. If so you may have extremely hot water for a while then no hot water after a day or so when you deplete the stored hot water.
  4. ally68

ally68 New Member

It has been like three weeks everything seems fine I think I am ok.