no water for Christmas, please help! well pump suddenly not cycling

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by moray, Dec 24, 2012.

1. moray

moray New Member

Hello,

We have a Goulds 15S shallow well pump that mysteriously stopped cycling this morning. We have nothing but a trickle coming out of our faucets. The pump has a digital pressure switch (Amtrol), which is reading "31..88..31..blank..31..88..31..blank" etc.. Any idea what I could do to troublshoot this? I tried cycling the power to the pump, but no change.

It's a newer pump (1-2 yrs), and we've never had any problems with it.

Many thanks for any ideas! We were expecting 11 for Christmas tomorrow, and don't want to displace our houseguests because we have no water :(
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

3. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

iIf you have a pressure tank on the system I'd try replacing the electronic pressure switch with a regular pressure switch from a big box store. That may get you buy until after Christmas.
  4. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Yeah it sounds like a problem with that pressure switch. You can add a regular pressure switch anywhere in line and run the wires to it. You don't have to remove the electronic switch to make the system work.