No prime, Myers Pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by tyancey66, Jul 20, 2011.

1. tyancey66

tyancey66 New Member

I recently purchased a house with a well, it has a myers pump, I removed the pressure guage on and filled the pump with water, put the gauge back on loosely and turned the pump on, did nothing, the water in the pump went no where, ran for a minute or two with no results. Any ideas?
  2. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

It usually takes a while for the air to purge from the pump. Keep the pump full of water and let it run for about 5 minute and it should prime. Be sure that when priming through the guage hole that the pump is full of water!

If it's an old system with an air volumn control the Air Volume control on the tank could be bad. If it has an AVC, plug the small line to the pump. If it primes then the AVC is bad.