Newbie sand point question

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Table83, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Table83

Table83 New Member

I am trying to dig a sand point well to water a very small area of grass on a 4 plex that I own. I have what I understand to be a pretty standard setup. It goes down about 25 feet.

Bought the tip on amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FK9VE6/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The problem I'm having is that it seems like it's all thick mud down there. I can stick a hose in the pipe and turn her on and I get a small amount of mud out. I can hammer her down pretty easily, and easily could go further without thinking about it.

My question is where to go next. I have an air hose I could try blowing the bottom out, but it seems like the mud is too firm at the bottom to be able to pull water in. If I go down further will I hit water? I have neighbors that do have working wells at about the same depth.

If I fill the pipe up with water, it will stay at the same level without letting any out.
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

You are not in the right formation. A well that will take water can make water. One that can't, won't.