Newbie sand point question

Users who are viewing this thread

Table83

Reaction score
I am trying to dig a sand point well to water a very small area of grass on a 4 plex that I own. I have what I understand to be a pretty standard setup. It goes down about 25 feet.

Bought the tip on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FK9VE6/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The problem I'm having is that it seems like it's all thick mud down there. I can stick a hose in the pipe and turn her on and I get a small amount of mud out. I can hammer her down pretty easily, and easily could go further without thinking about it.

My question is where to go next. I have an air hose I could try blowing the bottom out, but it seems like the mud is too firm at the bottom to be able to pull water in. If I go down further will I hit water? I have neighbors that do have working wells at about the same depth.

If I fill the pipe up with water, it will stay at the same level without letting any out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks