New Well?

Users who are viewing this thread

jferello

Reaction score
Hey all,

We have horrible iron in our well, its about 60' well. The 1" pipe that comes from the well to the house is down to about 1/2" with all the iron build up, its a poly pipe btw.

Would drilling a new well and running new pipe resolve the iron problem to a certain extent or will all the water in this area be supper crappy with iron?

Thanks,
Justin

Reach4

Reaction score
There are ways to clean out wells. Search for well rehabilitation.

The cleaned out well will still have iron to treat.

jferello

Reaction score
Can I throw "Iron Out" down the well and flush the system? Would that remove it all, at least from the pipes and pump?

Reach4

Reaction score
For cleaning wells with chemicals, I think they usually use something stronger. I think others could give guidance there.

For cleaning out the pipe, it might be easier to replace the poly pipe, I would think.

is a company using a big compressor blowing air down a pipe to the bottom of the well with the pump out.

Some people use a homemade air lift pump for a slower method that does not need a big compressor.

I have not done any of these, but I have seen a 275 cfm compressor blowing on 1 inch PVC blowing stuff out of a well. It made a heigher geyser than the Youtube video showed, but the water was more colorful in that video.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks