New Wall Registers

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikeyboy

Reaction score
All my wall supply registers are using return air grills. The one with no adjustable air deflection. If I want to replace these registers with those adjustable ones, how do I know what size to buy. The registers I have now are bigger than the wall hole where air is coming out.

Do these new wall registers have to fit in the wall or do I screw them to the wall like it is now?

johncap523

Reaction score
All my wall supply registers are using return air grills. The one with no adjustable air deflection. If I want to replace these registers with those adjustable ones, how do I know what size to buy. The registers I have now are bigger than the wall hole where air is coming out.

Do these new wall registers have to fit in the wall or do I screw them to the wall like it is now?

Typically returns just use open wall cavity, ie- space between the joists and drywall, in newer homes, so the grill is only a cover screwed to studs, hopefully, or drywall.

Are these return grills attached to supply ducts that you can see? The registers need to match the outlets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks