New shower using existing shower.tub valve

Users who are viewing this thread

mokume

Reaction score
Aloha all,

This post may be lengthy, I'll try to be as succinct as possible.

I've an existing shower which I plan on remodeling, as is is now the shower valve is a vintage Moen single handle tub/shower unit, plumbed off this valve is a tub spout with diverter and (2) shower heads on opposite walls, each shower head has an isolation valve inline.

Using the existing Moen valve, I'd like to add a transfer valve to either operate just one shower head or both at the same time or independently of each other, I plan on removing the isolation valves from both shower heads.

I plan on installing a non-diverter tub spout and would like to control it using the transfer valve indepently of the shower heads.

To further complicate matters, I am considering installing (1) body wash spray and have it flow with just one of the shower heads.

Water pressure @ the shower is 60 psi, fed by 1/2" copper pipe, so that should not be a problem, retaining the original Moen valve is a must.

Can anyone off insight as to what type and number of ports transfer valve I should be looking for?

TIA!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks