New Kohler Wellworth not flushing properly

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY4-EVER

Reaction score
installed a new 1.6 Wellworth elongated K3978 and it doesn't flush worth a squat. Holding the trip lever down helps alot, but a "standard" push of the lever will barely clear the bowl. Tried moving the chain to the lower pick up point (raises the canister higher upon flushing) but had little effect. The "flap" just closes way to fast. I don't want to tear out a brand new toilet if I can help it!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
To restrict the flow to 1.6g, 'barely' is all you get! Few of the Kohler toilets are great performers. The flushing mechanism is designed to only drop so much water. The only way to make it use more (and this doesn't work on all) is to hold the handle down. Essentially none of the newer toilets empty the tank, they use the volume there like that in a water tower to augment the pressure when you do, and then stop it once the flush has occurred, leaving a fair amount of the water still in the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks