New install Fleck 5600

Users who are viewing this thread

SheeB

Reaction score
If the wife notices staining in the toilets, maybe a Christmas gift?

toilet-brush.jpg

:)

Well I splurged and bought a Hach 5B hardness test kit and a Hach IR-18B iron test kit as I was concerned that the plumber's inital water test were inconsistent.

Here's what I got from the incoming unsoftened water. Hardness 16 and Iron at 0.5 :)

Can I get a new calibrated setup for my softener please Dittohead?

What would have caused the tests to come back different from when the initial water testswere done? This was by the way a newly drilled well (220ft through straight granite).

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
1: set time to 12:01 P.M.
2: push “regen” button
3: push and hold ^ v buttons to enter master program mode
Push “regen” button between each step to get to next step
4: DF Gal, factory set, leave as-is
5: VT dF1b, factory set, leave as-is
6: CT Fd factory set. Leave as-is
7: NT---1 factory set. Leave as-is

8: C Set to 48.0
9: H Set to 20
10: RS Set to SF
11: SF Set to 15

12: DO set to 10
13: RT 2:00 factory set, leave as-is
14: BW Set to 14 ( high iron, low backwash rate due to coldwater, this is longer than normal)
15: BD 60 factory set, leave as-is
16: RR Set to 5
17: BF set to 11 for .5 BLFC

Just some minor changes but be sure to check your water regularly. A new well will change in the first few months, this is normal. Even after that, water changes are common seasonally and... too many factors to go over here but you get the point. Be sure to check your untreated water on occasion and you should be fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks