New Heat Pump Price Check

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by arthurrc, Aug 1, 2008.

1. arthurrc

arthurrc New Member

I am in need of a 3.5 ton heat pump unit installed. The company that I have talked with gave me a quote of $6550 for a 3.5 ton, 13 seer Trane heat pump and air handler installed/replace existing unit. A recent addition and death of my 2.5 ton unit has caused me to have to look at upgrading quickly. I know I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, but I really don't have time to get several quotes to compare prices. Any imput on whether this sounds like a reasonable price or if is should look elsewhere would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

By The Way- I live pretty close to Joplin, MO....I know prices are somewhat relative to the area you live at times.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Just off the cuff, it sounds reasonable.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

price

The only way to tell if it is a reasonable price for your IS to get more than one installation quotation. We do not know the labor rates in your area, not what is involved in YOUR installation. Both of those will affect the bottom line.
  4. Bill Arden

Bill Arden Computer Programmer

Any idea as to why the 2.5 ton unit died?
  5. arthurrc

arthurrc New Member

I guess it really didn't all "die". One of the coils has a restriction in it. It will cost $925 to get it replaced. I just figure that is wasted money if the unit isn't big enough for my house post add-on.