New faucet slow to shut off

Users who are viewing this thread

jamesrobert

Reaction score
I recently installed a new Kohler Koi high arc kitchen faucet w/side spray that has a delay from the time the handle is shut off (or side spray trigger is pressed) to when the flow actually stops. The fixture is rated 1.5 gpm. I replaced the 2.2 gpm standard flow aerator that was splashing water all over with a 1.5 gpm aerating flow aerator, fixed the splashing but the flow still just drops off. I can remove the insides of the aerator and the faucet will shut off immediately but the splashback is terrible.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Water that has gone over the arc will dribble out. How fast depends sort of on the overall design. Gravity does it. The finger over a the end of a straw slows it down some, but doesn't stop it totally, especially if it gets knocked.

diango

Reaction score
3 years later....I have a similar issue. I live in an apartment complex that had a double handle high arch faucet with side sprayer installed (Glacier Bay). This faucet worked perfectly fine for several years. The only issue I reported was that the faucet over time was difficult to swivel. Maintenance came in and replaced the entire fixture with an identical set only this was a model that I had never heard of called "Seasons". This particular faucet had the same size arch as the Glacier Bay only now the new "Seasons" faucet dribbles a bit then drips and then stops after shutting handles off (this happens with both hot and cold). Kitchen faucet at work has a much higher arch and does not dribble at all. I showed maintenance another apartment where the Glacier Bay faucet does not dribble and was told that the complex is now using the "Seasons" faucets and they all dribble. Any thoughts. Is this fixable? It's really annoying.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks