Neutralizer Drain Line Config, 3 Options

Users who are viewing this thread

NEMatt

Reaction score
After talking a few local companies and getting pH measured a few more times (6.3) I am looking more toward a neutralizer than soda ash as in my prior thread.

Question is now about backwash drain config. The well entry is all the way across the basement from any drain options, which I measured:

1. @ 37ft run, 1.5" copper, horizontal section, overhead, drains kitchen sink and dishwasher
2. @ 45ft run, 3" copper, horizontal section, overhead, drains hall bath and washing machine
3. @ 60ft run, washing machine drain pipe, 1st floor so call it 5ft higher than options 1 and 2

I did the pressure tank drawdown and refill calc and I am getting around 8gpm from the well pump

Which option would be best, and with what valve? Would 5/8" drain be adequate over the longest run or would the losses be too great?

At that gpm I am probably looking at a 1.5-2.0 tank to have it backwash properly, though it is a 220ft well in NJ so it isn't exactly coming out of the ground warm, which should help the situation. Does anyone know the water temp at which published valve flow rates are tested?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks