Need well driller advice

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by phughes200, Nov 3, 2011.

1. phughes200

phughes200 Engineer

In a previous post you convince me that I need a new well to replace my current well. I am in NC.

After talking to several well drillers, it appears that I am totally responsible for any mess they make. Basically they drill, trench and leave. My question is what is the consistency of the material that comes out of the well? Is it spreadable over the remains of my lawn or do I need to hire someone to haul away? When they develop the well, what comes out? Wll it clog my exterior house drains? The well well be 10" diameter until bedrock (50-70') amd 6 " diameter to the bottom. The total depth will be roughly 250'.
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

It's pretty hard to give accurate advice since we don't know what the soil makeup is in your area. Most likely you will have close to 2 yards of material that will not be suitable for spreading on the lawn.
  3. WellWaterProducts

WellWaterProducts In the trades

Hire a driller to put in the well. Then hire an independent excavator for the trench and cleanup—along with a good pump installer.