Need Water Softener Recommendation

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Andy4569, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Andy4569

Andy4569 New Member

I've had my water tested. I have 24 grains of hardness. My house has 2 half baths but only 2 people living here. What is a good system without breaking the bank?
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

A Fleck 5600 is a very good unit that does not cost an arm and a leg. There are a number of sites that sell these units or you may find a local dealer.
  3. PeterMiles

PeterMiles New Member

I cannot recommend HydroFLOW more highly. It uses radio waves in an electric field to prevent the formation of Limescale AND dissolve lime scale already in the pipes. The HS38 is the model you need.
  4. Jack_Mason

Jack_Mason HVAC Expert

Electric/magnetic field water softeners are considered to be a scam by most people in the water softening industry. My suggestion is to get an ion exchange based water softener, which uses proven technology that works. Culligan, Kenmore, GE, and Fleck all make excellent water softeners. Assuming average water usage, sounds like you need a 32K GPG system.