Need small toilet for New York bathroom

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by hersko, Jan 27, 2005.

1. hersko

hersko New Member

I have enough width, but I only have around 25-26" clearance so the door can open (The entire bathroom's about 7.5' x 4.25'). I also need a flushometer, a 10" rough-in, and probably prefer 3.5 gpf. Unfortunately, because of the size restriction, I'll probably need a round seat.

I currently have an American Standard (I'm not sure of the model) with an exposed flushometer. Do I have any options?
  2. glenrpearson

glenrpearson New Member

Tiny toilet

Try the St. Thomas Creations' line. I believe they have one of the only 10" rough ins on the market. I doubt you will find anything better than 1.6 gal flush in that size unless you go to a high tank type.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    There are many brands of 10" rough commercial bowl that will work with the flushometer style.
    The one pictured is the Toto CT705, it measures 26.125" from the back wall on a 10" rough.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

Your choices are going to be severely limited. Now that most flushvalve operated toilets are for commercial installations, there are few manufacturers who will produce a round front bowl, due to the miniscule demand for it. At one time Crane produced a 12" flush valve toilet, but I do not remember, and their site is too difficult to search, if it had 2" of space behind it so it could go on a 10" rough opening, but that might also have been an elongated bowl.