Need Sand Point 101

Users who are viewing this thread

GO4HELP

Reaction score
I know very little about how a sand point works. I have driven a 2" x 36" sand point about 11 feet into soil that is known to be sandy. (I live just north of Twin Cities in Mn.).
As close as I can tell I have about 5 feet of water in the pipe. (dropped string with weight). I have a Simer Carefree converible jet pump with a 1/3 hp motor (3450 rpm). I have the outflow pipe on the top opening. I have check value on the inlet side. Here is my questions. Should I to go directly from pump to 2'' pipe or can I place a 1 inch flexible plastic pipe down the steel pipe. I have jerry rigged a couple pieces of garden hose on inlet and outlet. but don't seem to be able to get any water to the surface. what am I not doing wrong.

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Garden hose doesn't make very good suction pipe since it collapses with Vacuum.

Since there have been so many Hand Driven Well Questions lately, I'm going to do a blurb on them to answer many questions that have been asked so we can refer folks there instead of repeating the same answers over and over.

Stay tuned.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks