Need help identifying current pressure tank for equal replacement!

Users who are viewing this thread

betaman

Reaction score
Hi,

I need someone to help me figure out the size of my current pressure tank. I'd like to go with a smaller pressure tank, but I don't have a cycle stop valve installed and because I have a TEE directly off of the pitless going another way from the pressure tank I'd have to dig up around the casing to install it, unfortunately I just got done closing it back up! :(

My current pressure tank:

Bekeley
Model No: S40519
B/M No: BT220
Code No: 1K90S (maybe 5, instead of S)

I'm not sure the size of this unit, it's fairly large... I had no problems with pressure though I have it tee'd off 100' to my house and 100' the other way to the pressure tank in the pump house. There's a diagram of my setup in this forum as it used to be a 2 house setup (now it's only 1) that many of you helped me with and it worked out perfectly!!:D I just forgot the CSV and will add it down the road but for now I have to find a replacement PT..

Thank you!

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Without a CSV, you need as large a pressure tank as you can afford or have room for, probably an 80 gallon size. Also you can put a CSV in the well, under the pitless. But you would have to pull the pump up a few feet to do that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks