need help finding a small bathtub hair catcher

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by adamstub, Jul 28, 2014.

1. adamstub

adamstub New Member

hi,
    i'm looking for something like thishttp://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-Hair-Catcher-10306/202732017
    ) but with really specific dimensions: 1" diameter and 1" deep, because my tub's drain is pretty small and has a metal bar 1" deep. i currently have a wire metal mesh strainer that gets clogged pretty much every day and is really difficult to clean. my local hardware stores weren't able to help, so i'm turning to you. thanks!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  2. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

Sorry I can not help you out the hair catchers I have are made for the ACO shower drains not bath tubs.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

pix4.jpg Is this what you have? You could buy 4 more sets @$2.27 per set, and clean them in a batch. You could backwash with a faucet, use a stream from a garden hose, or maybe use a brush and a vacuum cleaner.
  4. adamstub

adamstub New Member

reach4, that's what i have. the idea of buying a few more then washing them in a batch is an interesting one, but the only way i've found to clean them even remotely well is scrubbing the inside with a dry paper towel. (i've tried the other ways you mentioned and they didn't work for me.)
  5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

You could experiment with burning outdoors with a propane torch.