need help finding a small bathtub hair catcher

Users who are viewing this thread

adamstub

Reaction score
hi,
i'm looking for something like thishttp://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-Hair-Catcher-10306/202732017
) but with really specific dimensions: 1" diameter and 1" deep, because my tub's drain is pretty small and has a metal bar 1" deep. i currently have a wire metal mesh strainer that gets clogged pretty much every day and is really difficult to clean. my local hardware stores weren't able to help, so i'm turning to you. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Sorry I can not help you out the hair catchers I have are made for the ACO shower drains not bath tubs.....

modern-showers.jpg

quartz_shower_hair_trap_01.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
pix4.jpg
Is this what you have? You could buy 4 more sets @$2.27 per set, and clean them in a batch. You could backwash with a faucet, use a stream from a garden hose, or maybe use a brush and a vacuum cleaner.

adamstub

Reaction score
reach4, that's what i have. the idea of buying a few more then washing them in a batch is an interesting one, but the only way i've found to clean them even remotely well is scrubbing the inside with a dry paper towel. (i've tried the other ways you mentioned and they didn't work for me.)

Reach4

Reaction score
You could experiment with burning outdoors with a propane torch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks