Need Assitance Identifying Lav Faucet Part

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidNY54

Reaction score
Our faucet in our bathroom broke. I need help identifying it to get a replacement part. It matches the bathtub and shower (which are separate) so we prefer to replace the broken item rather than replace the whole set. First step is to identify the manufacturer. See attached pics. Would accept recommendation on where to look for markings to help with identification. Thank you!

Attachments

• Faucet 4.jpg
    Faucet 4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Faucet 3.jpg
    Faucet 3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Faucet 2.jpg
    Faucet 2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Faucet 1.jpg
    Faucet 1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 132

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
No. There are few companies that 'brand" their faucets, so unless there is a tag on the water lines, you have to take the faucet apart and match the stem with a new one to determine who made it.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unscrew the trim ring and then you will be able to figure out how to remove the stem. Shut the water off at the angle stops under the sink. Take it apart and remove the stem.

Lay the stem next to a ruler so we can see the length and shape. Take up close, in focus pictures of both ends and the length ways next to the ruler. It helps if there is an in focus picture of the handle end to see the shape and how many splines are on the end of the broach. If you could count the splines on the broach that helps to narrow down the possibilities. Take the pictures straight on so it is not distorted.

DavidNY54

Reaction score
Thank you for the great information. I appreciate your thoughtful response.

I have some good news and bad news. Good news is that I got super lucky and found a pic of the item online. Bad news is that it is a high end item. (Never knew my bathroom was high end). My next question is does anyone know of a place to order a replacement part with a good discount. Item is an Ashbee Widespread Bathroom Faucet with Cross Handles Model # D35101800

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
It may take an American Standard ceramic cartridge and they are not any more expensive than the rest. Once you get it out ,you will be able to determine what you need.