Need a two gallon tank but . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Togo815

Reaction score
I need a plastic (pvc or similar) two gallon tank. It will be used with cold water only at 72 psi.

If that's all I wanted googling or searching eBay would be the solution. The problem is I need
complete access to the tank interior. Some uncommon valves in odd locations must be installed
from the inside out.

A two gallon sprayer is a good model for the tank. The unit I own is about eight inches wide.
If I could find a scrap piece of eight inch pvc pipe all I would need to complete the tank would
be a couple of eight inch caps. 8 x 14 inches would do the job. The question is, where do I
find a short length of eight inch pvc pipe?

Maybe I could buy some kind of threaded canister, similar to an inline water filter. Even if I could
find a two gallon filter canister, the inlet and outlet ports are not where I need them to be.

I just can't think of a solution. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Togo815

Reaction score
I started two businesses that made money. The first was HVAC. I can glue, solder, or weld almost
anything. I've been a partner in business number two for 20 years. It's electronics related.

I've had an idea that's been banging around in my head for a couple of years. It requires a small
tank. I can use some very expensive stainless steel and make a tank in my shop. For many reasons,
a plastic tank is better. A short length of eight inch pvc pipe would be perfect.

If I was still in the HVAC business, I'm sure I could obtain a scrap piece of large diameter pvc pipe
from a contractor or plumbing supplier.

All you need to know is I want to buy or build a two gallon plastic tank. My plumbing and electrical
skills are advanced. I never say "expert" because the best are a lot better than me.

If my idea works it could be a marketable product for my company. I have partners and they would
not be happy if I described my idea in great detail!

So I ask again, can you help me find what I'm searching for?

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
You answered your own question.

Your best bet is what you already mentioned. Get a scrap piece from a contractor or plumbing supplier. Most suppliers will not cut a piece of pipe, they may have a broken piece though.

Reach4

Reaction score
Prototype, right? Suppose you buy a small used softener tank. Some are really cheap. Saw it in half. Do your stuff inside. Epoxy+Fiberglass it back together.

The thread on a normal softener pressure tank is 2.5" x 8 tpi (thread per inch) industry standard

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks