Navien for commericial use

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by dipstick209, Feb 25, 2010.

1. dipstick209

dipstick209 New Member

I am the President of a 53 unit condo building that is getting quotes on installing a tank less system. The building is leaning towards a Navien system because it is the cheapest. Of course the Navien rep says it is the best on the market but the majority of the other plumbers we have talked to say that parts for the Navien unit are hard to get and could result in down time. Is this true?

2. zl700

zl700 DIY Senior Member

Not that they are hard to get just that no one stocks them.
    Same holds true in most tankless for alot of areas.

People stock heating parts but not tankless parts, I dont get it.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Dana

Dana In the trades

Just curious, but is this going to be 53 Navien units, one per condo, or a lesser number, each to service multiple units or... ???

Loading 53 x 199KBTU/hr burners to the gas grid within the building could have many unintended consequences and may require some SERIOUS upgrading to the gas distribution plumbing to make it work reliably.