My water isn't working. It's Christmas. Any help?

Users who are viewing this thread

MikaelaE

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Mikaela. I live in Cedar Springs, Mi. Last night we had a freezing rain storm and since then there has been no water, anywhere, in the house. I can hear the water heater clicking, but nothing happens. The toilet wont flush, either. I was told when we moved in that we have well water. I have no idea where it is, so I guess it's a local well. I searched the house for the fuse box to the well, and finally found it... outside. I flipped the switch, but it didn't help. It's above freezing and has been all day. Our landlords aren't answering our calls, probably because it's Christmas. If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it. You can also send me a message on yahoo at spacecowgirledward@yahoo.com. Please let me know if you have nay advice whatsoever. Oh, and a quick note, we recently had to have our entire backyard dug up and had to have a new drainage system put in. I don't know if this could have anything to do with it, but that was about a month ago or 2...
So, yeah. Any help? ^_^ :confused:

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
It may be a little to late but first cut off the power to the hot water tank to prevent burning something out.

Is the well pump nearby and is it in the wellor above the ground? If it's above the ground it may have lost it's prime. If it's in the well it may not be getting power.

There are to many if's at this point and most pump people may be hard to reach during the holidays. Feel free to call me anytime 24/7 and I'll try to walk you through your problem.

Porky, MGWC
Master Ground Water Consultant
www.dci-inc.us

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks